Memorial plaques on pavements
The artist commemorates the victims of the NS era by laying memorial plaques, “Stolpersteine”, covered with a sheet of brass, into the pavement outside their last private residence.
The memorial stones depicted in the photos above can be found in front of the following houses:
- Markt 2, Paula Ems, née Rosenthal, born 1867, died 12 March 1944 in Theresienstadt concentration camp t
- Markt 2, Leonie Hirschfeld, née Ems, born 1896, missing in Auschwitz concentration camp
- Markt 6, Emilie Erbse, née Cussel, born 1877, deported 1941, murdered in Riga
- Markt 6, Gretchen Zerkowksi, née Cussel, born 1887, deported 1942, died in Piaski (???)
- Markt 6, Alfred Cussel, born 1881, disenfranchised, died 14 April 1941